Kelly, Reagan, Gracelyn and I moved to Warner Robins, GA!
(Last November)
I accepted the position of Associate Pastor of Worship Ministries at First Baptist Church Centerville GA. My former employment was working full-time at Liberty University School of Music as their Director of Communication and a part-time worship pastor in Roanoke, VA at Fellowship Community Church. God found us a new home where we can minister full-time. I've spent the last few years wandering until God brought us to a ministry where we can truly be happy to serve.
Here is the church!
Since moving, I've met some wonderful people at this church. From our first visit, we felt at home with the relationships that were forming. We felt special and we didn't have to convince anyone that we belonged here. The best thing is that I can trust my pastor and have a great relationship with him. It is rare that a senior pastor will not micro-manage and still is invested in your success. He trusts what I suggest and do, he makes ministry not feel like a job and he loves my family. I am blessed.
Here is Allen.
Here are some of our best friends (James and Heather Blewett)
We dedicated our children on the weekend of my ordination.
From day one, dreaming of moving this worship ministry forward was easy. I have a many areas of focus here at FBC. Spiritual & Personal Relations, visual, technical (Audio, Video, Lighting), music style and environments are the key areas of my focus.
Now for the projects that I've tackled with the help of many great hands:
5... 4... 3... 2... 1
Some youth and I build an off stage amp box mic'd into the main speakers of the worship center.(acoustic foam added later).
Created a recording room in my office closet
Added 7 new flat screens around the church.
3 around the hallways/lobby of the worship center.2 in sunday school / parlor rooms.
2 large 60" screens for Stage displays in the worship center.
(it seems fuzzy, but it is crystal clear... poor image)
Added 8 new in-ear-monitors (Avioms) to replace the stage floor monitors.
We upgraded the infrastructure to CAT6 (over 2500ft of new cable)
We re-arranged the choir loft for better sound.
The mics were moved forward after this picture.Added some IKEA stage lighting (looks great in-person)
Before:
After:
(Stage lighting only displayed)
Replaced the 15 yr old curtains next to the projector screens.
BEFORE:

AFTER:
Started recording announcement videos each week.
You can see some on our Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/fbccentervillega/videos
We built our own teleprompter
(will blog about this later)
This is going to be our new design, but we started with the glass in a moving box, using a iPad app. Now we have a better black box. But this is next.
So I found a room to use to make a video production room... and an infinity wall. (Another post will follow)
Next we added a layer of sheetrock.

Add the mud.



We filled in the old organ hole where the drum cage will go over.
We are currently building a drum cage.
This is the style we are going for:
So we start....
First we need the 20' long x 7' tall Lexan (Acrylic)
This is what's going inside.
(MORE POSTS TO COME)






Matthew and Kelly, I am so thrilled for your family and this wonderful ministry that God has led you to! It's awesome to see God using you and your talents for Him and His glory! I'm so glad that you are able to blossom and grow and not be stuck behind a cubicle....you know exactly what I mean. I pray for the best that God has in store for you and your family. I miss your family dearly but I know that you are where you should be. God bless!
ReplyDeleteGod is good all the time and He is so good to all of you. Right place right time with all the right love, talent, and ministry.
ReplyDeleteI love you,
Mom